Kitchen Upgrade

From This:




To This:



To most people, these two kitchen tools probably have little to nothing in common. To me, they have everything in common. You see, the number one reason I wanted a food processor was so I could create these
with more ease. They are delectable truffles of the Oreo variety, first introduced to me by a woman whose cooking I respect and admire (that would be my dear friend, Wendi). When she gave me the recipe, she told me how easy they were to make. She was right. If I had a food processor. But for the last few years, every time I make this scrumptious treat I've had to break out the rolling pin and freezer bags and hammer away. It is a painstaking process to crumble 36 Oreos by hand into a fine powder.

My mom gave me a food processor for my birthday this year, and I tried it for the first time last night. A. MAZ. ING. Seriously. It took about 3 seconds to obliterate any evidence that the powder in the bowl had once belonged in a sandwiched cookie. (Note to self: never put finger anywhere near food processor blade unless machine is unplugged.)

I think I'm in love.

Not only that, but it turns out my new kitchen gadget is good for all kinds of other purposes. I think I will soon begin to forget what life was like before it entered my life.

And while we're on the subject of new things entering our lives, I saw these at the grocery store yesterday and about died:

They were that cute. They are baby bananas. I didn't buy them, because they were about a quadruple hundred times more expensive than regular bananas, but don't think I wasn't tempted. Isn't everything just CUTER when it's a baby?

Thank you so much for all of the congratulations and happy wishes. I am getting more and more excited for our little saucer to join this family of dishes, as is my tummy which is continually expanding. I'm still wearing street clothes, but I can definitely tell my body is changing. We find out on March 5th if we're having a boy or girl, so be sure to cast your vote in the poll.

 

0 comments: