What a Day With No Eye Liner Gets You

Because I have jinxed myself into getting some kind of NASTY cough/throat/want to roll over and die thing, I haven't been getting the best sleep. I wake up every couple of hours coughing. Last night, I woke up in the middle of a coughing fit, and Chad had to coach me, so that I could start breathing again. It was sad. Anyway, because my sleep (which we all know I need an abnormal amount of) has been so constantly interrupted lately, getting up in the morning has been even more difficult than normal. Then, when I do get up, I can't get my body to MOVE fast enough. Even though I'm running late. Today went something like this:

6:00 a.m. - Alarm goes off. Snooze button is hit.
6:10 a.m. - Alarm goes off. Snooze button is hit.
6:20 a.m. - Alarm goes off. Again, snooze button is hit.
6:30 a.m. - Aarm goes off. Snooze button is hit. I groggily realize that I REALLY need to get up if I'm going to be ready by the time my ride comes.
6:40 a.m. - Alarm goes off AGAIN. I hit the snooze button. I lie there, trying to tell my body to leave the security of the covers, and get ready to deal with teenagers all day.
6:45 a.m. - I finally pull myself out of bed, leaving me with less than FIFTEEN mintues to get ready.
7:00 a.m. - My phone rings. My ride is here. I have no makeup on. I toss some mascara and eyeshadow in a makeup bag and jet out the door. I get ready in the car...yea...
7:20 a.m. - Arrive 5 minutes late to school.


Needless to say, I wasn't looking like a runway model today.

7:45 a.m. - Student interrupts me mid-sentence to say, "Something's different about you today, Mrs. Reese...What is it?" To which I want to respond, "MAYBE IT'S THE FACT THAT I FEEL LIKE CRAP and LOOK LIKE CRAP!" but I really respond, "I don't know..." Other students then begin to chime in, speculating about what COULD be different about my appearance today, until I finally stop the debate and force them to start learning again.

Chad, the eternal optomist, says I should be GLAD they noticed I look different when I look crappy. That means that I usually look nice, and that they notice when I don't.

I vote this horrible virus thing needs to kick the bucket, before I do!

 

0 comments: