Moment of Infuriation

I am SO aggravated right now. We have ONE writing lab for our school. That's right, ONE! For a school that is so unbelievably overcrowded I don't even get my own classroom. To use the writing lab, you have to sign up ahead of time. The lady in charge prints out a schedule, posts it, and then you can sign up for time slots. The list went up YESTERDAY. I went in TODAY and there are NO SLOTS AVAILABLE! That's right, NO SLOTS! I spent my entire prep period today scheduling out the entire next term, only to realize that half the projects I had planned for my classes will no longer work. What am I supposed to do? I thought I was ahead of the game. It's only the second day the list is up, we still aren't done with second term, and frankly, as a first year teacher, it's almost impossible to plan an entire semester ahead anyway. I want to cry. But students are coming in 8 minutes, so I will have to put my game face on and pretend everything's OK before then. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

0 comments: