Music to My Ears

I LOVE Christmas music, and it's all I'm playing now. I used to be one of those people who refused to listen to it until after Thanksgiving. Not any more. My BYU years taught me that starting to play Christmas music immediately following Halloween gave me hope. See, if I'm listening to the sounds of Christmas, that means it can't be very far away. And if it's close, why THAT means vacation time! Teaching has only increased my love for the sounds of the season. The thought of two weeks with no lesson planning, sleeping in, and drinking eggnog until I have to roll myself out of the kitchen sounds pretty appealing right now.

BESIDES, one month is just not enough TIME to fully savor Christmas tunes. It just doesn't fill the void left by the rest of the year.

If you are also a Christmas music fanatic, might I suggest Pandora.com for your computer workspace? Ever since Chad's amazing Aunt Andi recommended it, I've listened to it constantly anyway, but I just discovered they have HOLIDAY stations. If you've never checked out the website, it lets you design radio stations based on your music taste. For example, you can type in "Jack Johnson" and it will create a radio station that plays Jack Johnson and other artists who have a similar musical style. It is AMAZING!!! AND FREE!!! (The main reason it is exceptionally amazing!) Well, it turns out you can type in the name of any artist+holiday and it plays Christmas music by that artist and other similar artists. So. Unbelievably. Wonderful. And now the background music during my prep period. If you're about to go try it, might I suggest the Sarah McLachlan holiday station? I can't get enough.

 

0 comments: