Smelly Feet and A Stuffy Nose

Right now I am sitting in my pajamas and writing a blog instead of doing the hours of homework that I should be doing. My husband and I went out to eat because he convinced me that was a better alternative to me having another mini-breakdown over the list of things that are waiting for me to do that there is not enough time to complete. Here is what I have left to do:

-Turn in my student teaching application
-Turn in my graduation application
-Buy a birthday card for my friend
-Do laundry
-Do research and prepare a 30 minute oral report on Autism and teaching Autistic children
-Complete a genre project that consists of: collecting 6-7 sample resumes, annotating the resumes, writing a resume, and writing a reflection on my learning process.
-Do a 2-3 page Teacher Work Sample #1
-Write a lesson plan dealing with writing (for imaginary students)
-Plan my units for my student teaching experience to get approved by my cooperating teacher for next semester. I am covering British Lit- Restoration through Victorian periods from January to April
-Read about a million-gatrillion pages
-Study for the most ridiculous grammar test ever invented and take it

I decided I'm going to take some Nyquill and say the heck with it. I have been sick all week. It started with a sore throat and has moved into severe sinus pressure that makes my whole face feel full of snot. It's gross. And I feel bad because I know I am complaining about this way to much to my husband. Every five seconds the poor chap has to hear me say, "Honey...why do I feel sick?" Anyway, all of this yucky sickness isn't exactly motivating me to study. It makes it hard to concentrate. I've decided I just need to get some rest so I can study tomorrow.

Apparently even when a person's as stuffed up as I am it doesn't stop the scent of smelly feet from drifting to the nostrils. There is this boy in one of my English classes who always takes off his shoes in class. I don't know how HE can't recognize the putrid scent, but I certainly can- stuffed nose and all. It's disgusting. I mean, honestly, I don't see the reason for him removing his foot attire. It's not like he's a girl wearing painful heels- that I could understand (I'm a girl, I know that pain). But no, he's wearing BOY shoes- I don't even think they make uncomfortable boy shoes. He needs to learn to keep them on, because the smell is nauseating. EWWWWW.

Goodnight all, I'm off to bed!

 

0 comments: